Well, it's the season to forego of one's selfish intentions so instead of insisting on the reality behind the title of this post as a "we" I would just have it as an "I." While everyone tries to spread love and compassion these days, I try to see things through a different optic. I guess I find it more amusing to look at Noël in such splendid and charmingly curated manner (much like curating a contemporary art exposition with its inevitable puns and ironic quips).
1. Ideal art-y holiday read: Erwin Wurm's I Love My Time, I Don't Love My Time.
2. Reject all those dinner invitiations and assume the role of being a clairvoyant that 99.9% of those occasions will be regretful instances of overeating. And the good thing out of this is: to be able to fit into these impossibly "svelte" silhouettes by Hedi Slimane chez Saint Laurent.
3. While everyone is busy enjoying the festivities which involves excessive drinking and overeating, I shall indulge a bit my cinéphilie and induce a légèrement sinistre fitness scheme by way of Kevin Spacey dans American Beauty. By all means, I could still live with the pretension of being in shape.
4. Bicolour J.M. Weston moccasins to wear on the eve of Noël.
5. .It's quite ideal to get locked up in a museum for Noël. Let's suppose I get to carry out that Candida Hofer like kind of wondering in the after-hours at some museum. Ben bon, preferably it's a "contemporary art" museum at the end of it all.
6. Indulging my peculiar literary taste with something from Witold Gombrowicz and enjoying my solitude instead of crowds (which is so typical of this soi-disant season).
7. Do some sort of Duchampian gesture by putting my face in lieu of this man in the poster of this film by Jia Zhang-ke. Et alors the title of the film + my visage would be sinister enough to cheer me up for this season where I usually get immensely depressed.
8. On the eve of Noël, get a ticket to Séoul and travel with my cold-hearted partner: a Rimowa X Moncler trolley. I guess too much sun doesn't go well with me as I've gotten cold in nature over the past two years. Chaleur is becoming close to non-existent selon moi.
9. I really hate colours but the festive mood of Noël drives me up the wall and puts me in this idiosyncratic tendency to defy my usual self hence the holiday suit could be a manifestation of it. By all means, this embroidered veste de smoking from Louis Vuitton has really interesting details.
10. Stay at home perhaps and lock-up myself in my own room and have a Henri Verneuil DVD marathon.